Nowadays, knowledge is one of the most valuable assets. Managing it entails, to a large extent, listing, consulting, accessing and integrating information and documentation which, on most occasions, is dispersed and in non-computerized formats.
For this reason, the management of documentation has become, at the same time, a need and a problem for organizations: expenditure on premises and warehouses, infrastructures to guarantee the state of conservation, time devoted to organization and the search for documents, duplications, photocopy-fax costs, etc.
The contributing factors:
- The role of e-mail.
- Deployment of Internet and web 2.0.
- Generalization of personal computer use.
- Innovation in information processing technologies.
- Innovation in telecommunications.
- Computerization of business activities.
Increase in non-structured information.
- Non-structured content grows between 65% and 200% a year in organizations.
- It is estimated that each person stores various GB of content a year.
- Existence of a legal regulation in different sectors regarding the custody, conservation and availability of documentation.
- The need to relate the business processes to the documentation generated in them.
- The need to reduce prices by means of global solutions which contribute scaled economies.
Ibermática offers the following solutions:
- Documentary management (DM): Capture, storage, versioning, categorization, indexing, check-in/check-out, workflow, subscription, definition of metadata, search for digital documents.
- Digitalization & archiving: Scanning and indexing of information on paper, digital storage, management of the physical filing of documents.
- Record Management (RM): Monitoring of documents, e-mails and physical letters to adapt them to legal requirements regarding conservation, availability and confidentiality.
- Digital Asset Management (DAM): Storage, transformation and publication of multimedia contents (audio, video and images).
- Enterprise 2.0 Collaboration & Knowledge Management: Collaborative environments for backup to teams with blogs, wikis, communities, instant messaging, sharing of documents, tasks and searches.
- Web Content Management (WCM): Publication of multi-channel and multi-site contents on internet-intranet-extranet, offering dynamic web page creation functionalities with templates, the editing of contents by means of forms, versioning, workflow, surfing engines, personalization, multi-language, search, adding of external contents.
- Information Rights Management (IRM): Control of the permits for distribution and consumption of contents (usually multimedia)
- Content Integration (CI): Integration of internal and external contents regardless of their location or the system used to manage them.