The objective of Ibermática is that all people, regardless of any disability, age or accessing the web from unconventional technologies, can browse the pages of this website without encountering access difficulties.
To this end, Ibermática’s development has been based on compliance with the Web 2.0 Content Accessibility Guidelines established by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
Some of the functionalities implemented in Ibermática to allow you to access all the contents of the web more easily are:
- The visual characteristics of the website (typeface, font color and background, etc.) are defined by the style sheet so that the user can adjust the text to their preferences.
- Font sizes have been defined with relative units so you can expand or decrease the font size from browser options.
- If a user accesses Ibermática with a browser that does not support stylesheet, it will not be a problem, since all contents can be accessed with CSS disabled.
- The pages have a clear structure for both the user who can see all the content, and for those who read the information with a screen reader, users who deactivate the style sheet, etc. Under this objective, the section headers, lists and all the elements that help the general understanding of the website have been defined using HTML code.
- HTML and CSS code used conforms to formal grammars to ensure the correct display of contents in different browsers.
Help us to improve
In any case, we are aware that there is scope for improvement in terms of accessibility to ensure that the website reaches the whole world in the best possible way.
If you find any accessibility problem, want to ask us any questions or want to send us your contribution, you can do it through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.